Osso Bucco Milanese
Recipe type: Main
- 8 Veal shank (1 inch thick)
- TT Salt and pepper
- 3oz Flour, as needed for dredging
- As needed Olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 3oz Carrot, diced
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest, grated
- 6 fl oz White wine
- 3 cups Veal Brown Stock
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp Tomato purée
- 1 Garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- Season the veal with salt and pepper and dredge the pieces in flour. Sauté them in oil until brown on both sides.
- Add the garlic and carrot and sauté until caramelized..
- Add the lemon zest, wine, stock and tomato and tomato puree.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Braise on the stove top or in a 325°F (160°C) oven until the meat is tender but not falling from the bone, 1 to 1–1/2 hours.
- Remove the cover and reduce the sauce until thick. Adjust the seasonings.
- At service time, transfer the meat to a serving platter and ladle the sauce over it. Combine the gremolada ingredients and sprinkle over the meat and sauce. Serve with Risotto Milanese.