Calling all Loyalist students!
Get set to enter the 2nd Annual 48-Hour Film Fest contest, Sept. 5–7.
Students will form teams and have 48 hours to shoot and edit a video using assigned “secret” criteria.
Entries will be posted on YouTube, and the winners announced at a festival reception at the Shark Tank later that month.
The winning team will receive a CASH prize!
This event is open to all students at Loyalist and hosted by the Television and New Media Production department in the School of Media Studies.
Meet us in Room 1N12 (News Studio) on Wednesday, Sept. 5th, at 12 pm (noon) to register a team, or connect with one.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- Each team must consist of 3 or 4 people.
- Each team must have one member who is a first-year Loyalist student.
- Teams will have 48 hours to create, shoot and edit their film.
- Any form of video, shot on any device, may be used.
- Teams will be given a colour, object and phrase which must be prominently featured in their film.
- Films must be uploaded, or in the process of uploading, to YouTube no later than 5 pm on Friday, September 7th.
- Captains will email the link to Michelle Grimes (mgri…@loyalistc.on.ca) upon completion.
- The winner will be chosen by a panel of 3 judges from Loyalist College faculty, at the screening event, to be held at the Shark Tank Pub later in September.
2011 Winner: The Ladling
Colour: Orange ~ Object: Ladle ~ Phrase: “Avoid it at all costs.”